The role of Audiologist at South East Hearing Care Centres is a full-time position based in our Chichester clinic, located at 6 Baffins Court, Baffins Lane, Chichester, PO19 1UA.
You will be responsible for providing a range of audiological services to our clients, including ear wax removal, bespoke ear plug fittings, hearing tests, hearing aid fittings, Lyric hearing aid fittings, audiological counselling, and more. You will work closely with our team of audiologists and support staff to ensure that our clients receive the highest standard of care and support.
This is a full-time role from 9am-5pm, with an hour for lunch. We offer a competitive salary plus commission, and you will also receive 28 days holiday entitlement.
We hold our audiologists to a high standard and are committed to providing training and opportunities to practice these skills.
- HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) registration as a Hearing Aid Dispenser or Audiologist.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in audiology or a related field.
- Previous experience working as an audiologist or hearing aid dispenser.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of audiological diagnostic tests and procedures, as well as hearing aid fitting and adjustment.
- Wax removal using microsuction and irrigation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to provide compassionate and patient-centred care.
- Good IT skills, with experience using audiological equipment and software.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and training to maintain knowledge and skills.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, and to establish positive relationships with colleagues, clients, and their families.
We are pleased to offer all new candidates training on Lyric hearing aids, and on any other specialist equipment.
Working at South East Hearing Care Centres:
At South East Hearing Care Centres, we believe in creating a welcoming and inclusive working environment that is focused on patient care and support. Our staff are all team players, and we pride ourselves on maintaining a calm and kind atmosphere where everyone feels valued and respected.
The working conditions for audiologists at our clinics are typically indoors, in a comfortable and well-equipped audiology room. You will be required to work with patients who may have a range of hearing and communication needs, so it is essential that you are patient, compassionate and adaptable.
There may be some physical demands associated with the role, such as standing for extended periods of time, performing earwax removal or fitting hearing aids. However, our team is always on hand to provide support and guidance to ensure that you are comfortable and safe at all times.
In addition, there may be some mental demands associated with the role, such as managing complex patient needs, communicating effectively with patients and their families, and keeping up to date with the latest developments and trends in audiology. However, we offer regular training and development opportunities to ensure that our staff are equipped with the skills and knowledge they need to provide the highest standard of care to our patients.
Overall, we are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive working environment where everyone can thrive and make a positive impact on the lives of our patients.
- Phone call with Rob: After we receive your application, we will contact you to arrange a phone call with Rob, the MD of South East Hearing Care Centre. This will be an introductory call where you can discuss your application and your suitability for the role.
- Face-to-face interview: If you are successful in the initial phone call, we will invite you to a face-to-face interview. This interview will be more in-depth and will focus on your experiences, skillset, and suitability for the role. You will have the opportunity to meet with members of our team and learn more about the company culture and working environment.
- Offer and onboarding: If you are successful in the interview process, we will make you a job offer and begin the onboarding process. This may involve completing paperwork, arranging training and induction sessions, and meeting with other members of the team
If you are interested in applying for the role of audiologist at South East Hearing Care Centres, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications, and experience to Rob at email@example.com.
We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and are committed to promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate your needs.
Thank you for considering South East Hearing Care Centres as your next employer. We look forward to hearing from you!