At South East Hearing Care Centres we’re proud to offer our customers access to leading hearing aid brand Starkey. Understanding what the right hearing aids could be and mean for you is all part of our friendly service and Starkey hearing aids offer a wide range of options for all lifestyles and budgets.
About Starkey hearing aids
Starkey Hearing Technologies are hearing aid manufacturers who focus on connecting people and changing lives through helping people hear the world and the people around them. They recognise hearing as an essential part of the human experience.
The company was founded by William F. Austin in 1967, a world leader in advanced hearing solutions. It is their goal to empower individuals to reach their full potential with the help of hearing aids.
William F. Austin’s premise for the company was, “Alone we can’t do much. Together, we can change the world.” To date, Starkey Hearing Foundation has provided more than 1 million hearing health care services to people in need worldwide.
Starkey hearing aids
Starkey offers a range of hearing aid options for all types of user. They’re known to offer a variety of hearing aid models, features and functions that help improve your day to day life, even in the most challenging listening environments.
Their most popular ranges include:
Starkey Evolv AI
The latest hearing aid on offer from Starkey, the Evolv AI uses the most innovative hearing technology to offer clear sound no matter where you are. Features include:
- Realistic and genuine sound quality
- 40% noise reduction
- A range of options from behind the ear to in the ear hearing aids
- Smartphone connection
- Wireless accessories
- Rechargeable options
- Different settings for a range of hearing environments – including noisy environments
Starkey Livio AI
The Starkey Livio hearing aids feature:
- Reliable and rechargeable hearing aid solutions
- Wireless technology
- A free dedicated app that can monitor your health
- Durable hearing aids
- Tinnitus relief
- Adjustable settings for different hearing environments
Find out more about Starkey Livio AI.
What could a Starkey hearing aid mean for you?
If you’re noticing hearing loss, or are looking for a different model to improve your hearing, then Starkey hearing aid technology could help. Here are some of the benefits to choosing Starkey over other hearing aid brands.
Improve your hearing loss
Hearing loss can impact not only your ability to communicate with people easily, it can impact your quality of life, emotional wellbeing and physical health.
Research shows that untreated hearing loss can increase risk of:
Hearing technology will not only ensure you’re able to easily hear and understand conversations and make connections with people, but also provide you with more awareness of your surroundings, helping to prevent accidents and falls.
Improve emotional wellbeing
Being able to hear your loved ones and enjoy the environment around you is extremely important for our mental wellbeing.
When it comes to mental health, hearing loss can have a big impact, everyday life can become a struggle and you can start to feel some of the following:
- Embarrassment at not being able to hear fully and clearly
- Sadness due to not being able hear family, friends, phone calls and everyday natural sounds
- Anxiety from not having natural hearing and struggling with background noise, making it easy to miss information
- Feeling left out
- Depression and social isolation
Starkey hearing aids offer a range of options to improve your everyday life, hearing natural sounds and loved ones with ease.
Physical health considerations
Help reduce the risk of falls, accidents and even dementia by improving your hearing.
With our physical health, hearing loss can play a significant role, with a growing body of research linking hearing loss to dementia and cognitive decline.
When hearing is impaired, this leaves us vulnerable physically and mentally:
- Adults with hearing loss are up to 5 times more likely to develop dementia
- Hearing loss is linked to a three-fold risk of falling
- Accidental injuries are up to 50 percent more likely for people with hearing loss
Everyday life communication
Ensure communication is clear and your social calendar is full, hearing keeps us connected to the world around us. Maybe it’s catching up with friends and family, interacting with colleagues, enjoying the theatre, cinema or TV show. Or maybe just hearing the world outside your door, when you hear better, you simply live better.
But when hearing is impaired, those connections, interactions and moments can be muted and strained, which has an impact on our quality of life, everything becomes an effort.
- Missing out hearing all of the grandchildren’s stories and laughter
- Feeling like you can’t contribute to a conversation or laugh at joke
- Not enjoying social activities that were once fun
- Not feeling very confident and independent
- Frustrating yourself and everyone else as you have to ask people to repeat what was said
- Not living life your best life because your hearing is holding you back
Learn more today
If you’re interested in Starkey for your hearing loss needs, don’t hesitate to get in touch with a local hearing professional at your nearest branch of South East Hearing Care Centres to discuss moving forward. As a local hearing healthcare professional, we’re always happy to help with enquiries and offer a hearing test to provide as much information as possible on your hearing and give you peace of mind that you have made the best choice.