In the Canal (ITC) Hearing Aid
In the Canal, or ITC hearing aids are custom designed to sit in the outer area of the ear. While larger and more visible than In the Canal types of hearing aids, they’re still discreet. ITCs are suitable for those with mild to severe hearing loss.
As this type of hearing aid sits in the ear itself, it’s important that they’re removed every day to ensure that the ear remains healthy.
- Larger and more powerful than In the Canal hearing aid types.
- Dual microphones make it easier to hear in noisy environments.
- Available in both wireless and telecoil versions.
- Larger size means less chance of feedback.
- Location and larger size means that they’re less likely to work their way loose while talking or eating.
- May need to be ‘reshelled’ as ear canal cartilage can change shape and size over time, which will necessitate new ear impressions being taken and is not covered by the warranty.
- More visible than In the Canal style hearing aids.
- Some loss of natural acoustics thanks to where it sits
- Telephone usage is more difficult, and the telephone needs to be held over the front microphone
- Custom made to fit your individual ears’ anatomy
- Recommended for all levels of hearing loss
- Dual microphones for better hearing
What our clients say
Two members of my family have just received excellent advice and treatment at the Chichester Centre.
My husband for ear plugs advice and my 12 year old son, who has been suffering with excessive ear wax building up for the past year or so and being told by GP that can do nothing except keep putting drops in.
Within 15 minutes he had his ears safely unblocked, using micro suction and washing, something the GP said was not available. My son is like a different child and can actually hear again.
Thank You!Mr J Llewellyn – Chichester patient