In the Canal, or ITC hearing aids are custom designed to sit in the outer area of the ear. While larger and more visible than In the Canal types of hearing aids, they’re still discreet. ITCs are suitable for those with mild to severe hearing loss.
As this type of hearing aid sits in the ear itself, it’s important that they’re removed every day to ensure that the ear remains healthy.
- Larger and more powerful than In the Canal hearing aid types.
- Dual microphones make it easier to hear in noisy environments.
- Available in both wireless and telecoil versions.
- Larger size means less chance of feedback.
- Location and larger size means that they’re less likely to work their way loose while talking or eating.
- May need to be ‘reshelled’ as ear canal cartilage can change shape and size over time, which will necessitate new ear impressions being taken and is not covered by the warranty.
- More visible than In the Canal style hearing aids.
- Some loss of natural acoustics thanks to where it sits
- Telephone usage is more difficult, and the telephone needs to be held over the front microphone
- Custom made to fit your individual ears’ anatomy
- Recommended for all levels of hearing loss
- Dual microphones for better hearing